Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Shahbaz Gill claimed that two mobile phones belonging to PTI chairperson Imran Khan were stolen after the party’s rally in Sialkot, adding that the video about threats to his life Imran Khan was referring to is not saved in the stolen phones.
In a tweet, he mentioned that the phones were stolen after the rally when Khan was at the airport, departing from Sialkot. He also claimed that the video statement that Khan claims he has recorded, was not on the phones, so the thieves shouldn’t expect to find it there.
He also accused the government of not providing Khan with any security.
During the rally in Sialkot on Saturday, Imran Khan claimed that a plot had been hatched to ‘assassinate’ him, and that his ‘life was in danger’. He said that he had recorded a video naming all his conspirators since last summer, and if something were to happen to him, the video should be brought forward and submitted to the nation.
“I recorded the video because it’s [part of the] history how the powerful are never brought under law and always remain safe,” he said, adding that he wanted the faces of those who betrayed the country to come out into the open.
Khan has allegedly kept the video in a ‘safe place’, and it is only to be released if something happens to him.
Meanwhile today (Monday), Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif issued orders for ‘foolproof’ security to be provided to Khan. He ordered Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah to ‘beef up’ the security being provided to the former prime minister, and a spokesperson detailed a list of security personnel that had been deployed for Khan’s security.
The interior ministry spokesperson also urged Khan to come forward with the evidence he claims to have of the assassination plot against him, stating that as a former prime minister, it is his national duty to provide the interior ministry with any information he has regarding this.